The Foundation was initially setup by the family of the late DeGaulle, as he was fondly referred to by friends and associates, in commemoration of the values of excellence and dedication to service that he stood for throughout his short but very exemplary life.
- Chairperson – Mrs Vivat Thomas-Njie
- Vice-Chairperson – Mr Julius Freeman
- Secretary – Mrs Janet Davies-Touray
- Assistant Secretary – Mrs Grace Njie
- Legal Adviser – Mrs Janet Sallah-Njie
- Treasurer – Mr Katim Touray
- Member – Dr Momodou Jasseh
- Member – Mr. A. Draman Touray
- Member – Mr. Hassan Touray
- Member – Professor Muhammadou Kah
- Mr. Geoffrey Renner
- Mrs Delphine Carrol
The Foundation has three classes of Membership:
Institutional Membership– Open to all organizations and bodies and each Member has 5 votes.
Affiliate Membership– Open to all institutions and bodies with similar interests to the FDNF. This class has no voting rights.
Individual Membership– This class of membership is for individuals. This membership has 1 vote.